BigData eventsMay 4, 2012 by Radek Maciaszek
We observe an explosion of BigData events. While half a year ago London hosted maybe one interesting meetup a month nowadays there is rarely a week without few of them. Supply is keeping up with demand.
There is an increasing number of monthly meetups: BigData London, HUG UK, Data Science London, London R, Cassandra London, Neo4j London, London MongoDB User Group, Oracle BigData, Data Visualisation London, Big Data Debate, DeNormalised London, LonData, CloudComputing.
Upcoming conferences that are worth mentioning:
- Skillsmatter Progressive NoSQL Tutorial (9-11th May 2012)
- Berlin Buzzworlds – only couple hours from London via Eurostar (4-5th June 2012)
- Big Data Analytics 2012 (20th June 2012)
- Big Data Summit 2012 (28th June 2012)
- Big Data World Europe (19-20th September 2012)
- DeNormalised NoSQL Conference London (20-21st September 2012)
- Big Data Congress (7th November 2012)
We just had a London BigData week that was full of meetings and hackatons dedicated to Hadoop, Visualisations and NoSQL. In case you missed the last Big Data week you are for a treat – simply like us on Facebook to have a chance of winning one ticket (worth £495) for 3 days of SkillsMatter NoSQL tutorials.
There are as well few online places where every data scientist can improve or challenge their skills:
- Stanford Machine Learning – online Machine Learning course
- Harvard Open Learning Initiative – online computer science courses from Harvard
- iTunes U – growing library of online courses
- BigData University – few basic tutorials on BigData
- Kaggle – test your skills and win prizes
If you know of anything interesting coming up in London, let us know in the comments.